The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The main documents outlining the mandate of the organization are the Vancouver Declaration on Human Settlements, Habitat Agenda, Istanbul Declaration on Human Settlements, the Declaration on Cities and Other Human Settlements in the New Millennium, and Resolution 56/206. Its activities contribute to the overall objective of the United Nations to reduce poverty and promote sustainable development within the context and the challenges of a rapidly urbanising world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Programme Management Officer, Human Settlements (Project Post), NOC
Job ID: 100251
Job Location: Abuja
Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
The Governing Council of UN-HABITAT, a subsidiary body of the General Assembly, reports to the General Assembly through the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and provides overall policy guidance, direction and supervision to UN-HABITAT. The objectives, functions and responsibilities of the Governing Council are set out in General Assembly resolution 32/162 and in paragraph 222 of the Habitat Agenda.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, in cooperation with the United Nations Human settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) has established a Country Office in Abuja, Nigeria. The Habitat Programme Support Office- Nigeria (UN-HAPSO) became operational in October 2003. The Office has been established to promote cooperation with Nigeria towards achieving the goals of the Habitat Agenda of “Adequate Shelter for All” and “Sustainable Human Settlements Development in an Urbanising World”. It assists Nigeria to work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals on poverty alleviation and slum upgrading.
The Office is part of the Regional Office for Africa (ROAf) of the UN-HABITAT. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Human Settlements Officer (SHSO), ROAf, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- UN-HABITAT Country Office management: Provide management leadership and be responsible for the day-to-day running of the UN Habitat office in Nigeria
- Global Campaigns/Global Programmes: In-country liaison officer for UN-HABITAT, particularly with reference to the implementation of the Habitat Agenda, New Urban Agenda and specifically the “Sustainable Urban Development Programme” for Nigeria
- UN-HABITAT Representation in UN country team activities and Participation in Regional, inter-agency, and inter-organizational processes; Active participation in the UN Country Team activities, and other UN common strategic planning through his/her active involvement in the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), Consolidated Appeal Process (CAP), African Union (AU). Participate in the AU, UNDAF and other activities coordinated by the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and tracks follow-up actions
- Perform consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies
- Undertake survey initiatives; design data collection tools; review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications
- Provide substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations
- Undertake outreach activities; conduct training workshops, seminars; make presentations on assigned topics/activities
- Participate in or lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and prepare related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related field
- A First Level University Degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in project or programme management, administration or related area
- Past experience of UN-Habitat programmes at country level and knowledge of administrative work will be an additional asset
- Capacity to understand policy approaches and strategic plans for the implementation of human settlements programmes, flexibility in their implementation under changing circumstances and ability to work with a high degree of responsibility in a flexible and independent manner is desirable
- Familiarity with the UN System is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages for the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, proficiency in oral and written English is a required
- Fluency in the local languages Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo (both Oral and written) is required. Knowledge of any other UN working language is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field
- Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods
- Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Click Page 2 Below To Apply In The Next Page;
Pages: 1 2
2018 Single Ladies And Women Looking For Men, Get Direct Contact For Long Relationship ~ DARABLOG
How would you describe yourself?
Busy, grateful, happily divorced and looking for someone to share all the good stuff with. I’m funny, friendly and I hope you are too. I’m an empty netter, both my children are grown and launched. I’m interested in spending time with someone in a similar situation.
I love my work, I enjoy every day; it’s for the fun side of government, each day is weird and wonderful.
I’m appreciative of everything creative. I love most music, film, any artistic endeavor – especially poetry, I acknowledge the effort and the thought.
I love watching sports, no favorite team except in college basketball, I’m a Tar-heel and a good-natures one
There is no such thing as “no pressure” when you’re filling out an online profile; trying to attract, entertain and charm strangers is equally terrifying and a monument to hope. I’ve discovered that you need a thick skin, a ready smile, a big heart – and it helps to be gracious. So, no pressure
– let’s just enjoy this 21st-century r**e.
About me… I’m really good at picking the slow line in the grocery store, parallel parking, throwing a spiral, finding where the tape starts on the roll, starting a fire, fixing supper, watching you wash dishes, and making you smile… I am consistently punctual and appreciate the same, so don’t be late because I will never make you wait for me!
I have lived and studied abroad and am eager to revisit all the places that shaped my youth. I have yet to travel extensively in the US. That’s next. Are you ready to join me – Join Now
I am looking for
First and foremost – A smart strong man, in heart and mind. Second- Make me laugh and I’m yours.
Adjectives! Kindness, humor, intelligence, authenticity, grace, chivalry, good tippers (I put myself through university in the service industry, it’s telling and it matters), focused someone who isn’t afraid to ask for directions and likes to open doors.
Good luck in your search and be nice to everyone, we’re all looking to connect on some level and curious about the possibilities. And it can be both terrifying and a whole lot of fun.
Over 40 Dating – Sugar Mama Needs a Man ~ DARABLOG
This sugar mummy is a ready and willing sugar mummy. She is a currently separated 46 year old young woman seeking for long-term dating relationship. See below for her photo and details.
How she describes herself.
I am sorry but I am not attracted to Black guys, please don’t message it will be a waste of our times… Thank you:)
I am attracted to white guys, a sucker for light eyes,and considering the fact that I am 5’9 barefoot a tall guy is desired. My ex was 50 years old I am looking for someone a bit closer to my age… Drop your email address here to get her details now
I work full time and have a 5 year old son, who is the love of my life!
I am not into quick hookups, nor long distance relationship because I am too touchy- feely and too affectionate for it.
I have been told that I am witty, smart and fun. I have a bit of a rebel side..LOL but at the same time I am the sweetest person you will meet, I am very considerate ( except when I am driving, get out of my way LOL)
If you like the typical black american woman, I am definitely not the one for you, I don’t speak think nor act the way they do, probably because I am Brazilian… different culture!
I am not Photogenic, I look better in person thats also what I have been told numerous time.
I have a pretty unique accent as well but that’s is my surprise weapon, considering everyone falls in love with it! LOL! Drop your email address here to get her details now
I am looking for
For starters how about tall and handsome?! lol, I am looking for?! someone kind, a gentleman yet I tend to like strong personality “dominant” masculine type, meaning I like to be the female in the relationship!
Sugar mummy in Delta and their phone numbers ~ DARABLOG
Sugar mummy in Portharcourt and their phone numbers – Get connected with rich sugar mummy directly in Portharcourt from this website. People have been appreciating and thanking us for our diligent and commitment in providing super rich and beautiful sugar mummy for the past 10 years.
Sugar Mummy in Portharcourt and their Phone Numbers
We get sugar mummy request daily a lot of messages and calls, Due to this, we have decided to bring to you rich sugar mummy in Portharcourt and their phone numbers, these sugar mummies are ready to meet and hookup with handsome sugar boys like you in Portharcourt and across Africa as a whole
This is the Official sugar mummy website, we provide super rich sugar mummy for the satisfaction of our clients. Meet rich sugar mummy in Portharcourt and their phone number now on this website.
Portharcourt has being one of the most populated city in Nigeria, Portharcourt is blessed with a lot of rich and beautiful sugar mummy who are interested in getting hook up with sugar boys for a serious relationship.
How to get sugar mummy in Portharcourt
They are super rich and they are ready to make you rich too… Register here
We also reward our client for sticking with us and trusting us, some few days ago we ask some of our users to share our post on Twitter And Whats app they did and we reward them with what they are looking for without collecting any connection fee from them.
Make sure you always visit this website daily, we have numerous user searching for sugar mummy and reading this like you’re reading right now. To stay connected with us – Drop your email here
Don’t forget to stay connected and keep sharing.
Sugar Mummy Updates
how to find a sugar momma on craigslist4 weeks ago
how to find a sugar momma on craigslist – sugar mummy
Searching For A Sugar Mummy3 weeks ago
Are You searching for sugar mummy – Click Here
100 percent free sugar momma dating site4 weeks ago
100 percent free sugar momma dating site
Sugar Girl3 weeks ago
Rich sugar mummy Ladi Dasuki need a strong hot sugar boy
Sugar Mummies2 weeks ago
Rich Beautiful Young Ghana Sugar Mummy Needs Private Sugar Boy for S3xual Relationship